Tuesday, August 14, 2012

So Long Scotland, Hello United States

Sunday August 12, 2012

Hard to believe that 12 days have flown by and we are now on the way home. Headed to the Edinburgh Airport at 3:30am to catch our flight to Paris at 6:10 we were all reminiscing about the past few days and all of the good times that we had.

Once at the airport we checked ourselves in and printed our boarding passes before going to get our bags weighed. Luckily mine was under the 50 pound weight limit! Once we figured out where our departure gate was we headed in search of breakfast and grabbed some muffins. Soon it was time to leave Scotland, and board the plane for Paris.

The flight to Paris was about two hours and not too bad at all. Once we arrived, we had to once again go through security, which was rather difficult because I don't speak any French! I made the alarm go off, so I fell victim to the popular TSA pat down. How exciting. My carry on bag also needed searched because I forgot that I had left a water bottle in it. For a few minutes I had a fear that they wouldn't let me into the country! Once the whole security conundrum was over we headed to our departure gate and went to get our passports checked.

Soon it was time to board our flight to Pittsburgh. I started to watch a movie on the plane, but soon I was out and catching up on some much needed sleep! The flight seemed a lot shorter to me than what the actual time of it was supposed to be, but maybe that is because I slept for a majority of it. Before I knew it, we were in Pittsburgh heading through customs and saying goodbye to new friends.

I soon found my parents at baggage claim and headed home, excited to see my family and full of many new exciting Scotland memories! Can't wait until the next time I can go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment