Monday, August 13, 2012

A Scotland Summer

Hello all! I have always dreamed of being a travel journalist and when I traveled to Scotland this summer with my University to participate in a study abroad opportunity, I thought this would be the perfect time to start blogging about my different adventures.

This summer I would be spending twelve wonderful days in Scotland. I traveled to Scotland two summers ago, once again with my University, and I fell in love with the country, which is why I jumped at the opportunity to go again. There is just something about Scotland that just makes it feel like 'home' to me. Maybe it is because the air is crisper, the grass is greener, the people are nicer, and bagpipes are everywhere. I know it is a country 'across the pond' and miles and miles away from home, but something about it just makes me feel incredibly comfortable and a place I could picture myself living in a few years.

As mentioned above, I will be blogging about my adventures, so when I want to look back in 10+ years on the experience I had, I'll have more than just pictures to remember it by. Also, you may be questioning the title 'Nothing But Chips'. A colleague on the trip gave me the idea for the title, because I am by far one of the pickiest eaters in America, and for the majority of the trip, I ate nothing but chips (also known as french fries in the USA).

So, without further procrastination, I present to you Nothing But Chips: A Scotland Adventure. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment