Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Glen Coe and Oban: Scotland Day 7

Tuesday August 7, 2012: Scotland Day 7

Today has been a day that I have been looking forward to since the itinerary for the trip was announced. I have always wanted to go to Glen Coe because the pictures that I have seen of it make it look almost magical, and I wanted to see it for myself.

We departed the Reception Hall at 8:30am. The bus ride was long, but it was nice to listen to the usual songs on my iPod and see the rugged mountains of The Higlands and some 'hairy coos' out the window.

When we finally arrived in Glen Coe, we did not have as much time as I would have liked, but we still made the most of the time that we had there. We went on a short hike to see if we could get some decent photographs of The Highlands and then decided to make our way back to the small town where there was a loch that we spent some time at just taking in the amazing scenery before it was time to get back onto the bus and head to our next destination of the day.

We were soon on our way to Oban - Scotland's Seafood Capital! Paige, Jake, and I obviously decided that since we were in the seafood capital, we must find a great place for lunch. We decided on The Oban Bay Fish Restaurant where I had an incredibly British and delicious meal of fish n' chips and a cup of tea. After lunch we decided to walk around the town and go into a few gift shops. I purchased a lovely wool sweater that will keep me very warm in the cold Edinboro winters. Before we knew it, it was was time to get back on the bus and head back to Edinburgh.

Because we had spent a long day on the buses, we all decided that we wanted to have a relaxing night so we ordered a pizza from Papa Johns and just hung out in the pantry of our building for the rest of the night.

 Glen Coe
 Rolling Scottish Highlands
 Town of Oban
Fish n' Chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment